Username:

Password:

Author Topic: Hello From the 508th PIR DOI  (Read 1403 times)

508th Guy

Hello From the 508th PIR DOI
« on: August 19, 2017, 06:40:40 PM »
Hello my name is Sgt. B. Wookie, but some of you may remember me as "The Forge". I am the Scrim Liaison for the 508th PIR. We are a Realism Unit based in Day Of Infamy and Rising Storm 2. About half of the realism units in DOI are from 1.6. the 101st, 1st mrb, 3rd pzgr, 502nd, 506th, 1st RB, 6th RB, are but a few Realism units that have moved from 1.6 to DOI. I just finished contacting all of their Liaisons two days ago for scheduling inter unit scrims for the future in DOI. I figured I would extend the same courtesy since many realism units in DOI are from 1.6 and know of each other. We are interested in possibly setting up an event for next Sunday on the 27th between 1-4pm EST. We have many servers to accommodate any ping issues. we are doing the event between the allotted times for the accommodation of any European members between our 2 communities. We are also willing to abide by any rules both parties set such as: no ringers, boundaries being closed off, half/half setups, 15 minute attacks with 5 min setups, full blackout etc etc. There is no working medic mod currently in DOI. (at least that I know of, so that's not an issue)

Should you decide to move to DOI from 1.6, we're always willing to schedule an event.

Name of Your Unit/Clan: 508th PIR
Commanding Officer: Lt. Col. B Price
Executive Officer: Maj. S. Bubar
Company Commanding officer: Capt. W. Nyguen (Not The Same Nuggy)
Unit/Scrim Liaison: Sgt. B. Wookie
Forums Link: www.508th.org
Message to the 70th ID: We were the first official Realism Unit in DOI, even before it became stand alone. server66.55.142.238:27035 this is one of our many servers.

Feel free to contact me through steam/homepage or email:
http://http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198034977865/
www.508th.org
forge4steam@gmail.com

Capt. P. Snake [70th ID]

• Officer
  • Forum Administrator
  • Registered Guest
  • الشيطان الأسود
Re: Hello From the 508th PIR DOI
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2017, 06:59:16 PM »
Well hello on back to you guys.
"I bet you're one of the guys that would sit in their room, switch the light on and say "Wow there's electricity in there!"" - Sims. 2017

"We need to recycle Snake." - Gravstein 2017

"I feel like if you mute your game you would still hear Allen." - DJ 2018

Sgt. I. Rogers [70th ID]

• Spud Rogers
  • Forum Administrator
  • Registered Guest
  • 1st Platoon Best Platoon #SSL
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2017, 07:35:37 PM »
Hello from all of us here at the 70th.  I will be available in the next few days to discuss any interests your unit has regarding our relationship.  I do want to state upfront though that we have no servers in day of infamy and at the moment aren't really considering any sort of expansion/transfer to the game.  It isn't totally off the table but at this time it is not in official discussion.  Otherwise you guys are more than welcome to come hangout in our server and I encourage nothing but friendly behavior and positivity between our units' members.  If you have any further questions feel free to approach me and ask.
Life | Death | Love | doesn't discriminate between the sinners and the saints; it takes and it takes and it takes and we keep living | living | loving | anyway.  We rise and we fall and we break and we make our mistakes.

Pvt. Tex [70th ID]

• Loser of epic proportions
  • Enlisted
  • Registered Guest
  • [Insert joke here]
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2017, 08:35:12 PM »
I have popped into your servers when I play DOI (which isn't often, I might add), and you guys run a really nice server...all of them actually.
"I would tell Allen to act his rank, but then he would be drunk all the time" -Cadeyrn
"Grub is the only man on this unit who would work for Guinness. Oh wait, so would I." -Cadeyrn

508th Guy

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2017, 07:15:57 PM »
This is my company Co's Official response.

Not a problem as we are willing to host the event on our server, and we are also willing to move the "potential event" time between noon and 1pm EST or 5:15pm EST (Most Likely this time) so there is no conflict with any events that you're doing, as the scrim event should only take about an hour, slightly less.

How does Saturday Sept 2nd at 5:15 PM EST sound?
Unofficial Friendly Scrim
Map: DOI_Donner
Weapons: 1 light, 1 Heavy, 1 Sniper, Both Att/Def
5 minute Defense Setups.
15 Minute Attacks- so when the timer goes to 84 minutes time is up. Cause the realism timer starts at 99 minutes and clocks down to 0 minutes.

No Ringers, Half/Half with Open Connector, Hunting allowed only when their is one person left alive on either team, unfortunately the blackout mod is broken and we're having trouble fixing it, but we can setup spectate your teammates only with free cam and mic disabled instead as the next best thing. No Dark house, No Fields Shed, No Prop boosting, blocking/barricading, no in game exploits, and last but not least, No Hacking obviously. If I have left anything out lemme know on steam and ill fix the request up.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 07:37:48 PM by 508th Guy »

Sgt. I. Rogers [70th ID]

• Spud Rogers
  • Forum Administrator
  • Registered Guest
  • 1st Platoon Best Platoon #SSL
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2017, 08:01:14 PM »
We unfortunately do not participate in scrims with other units, and as I said before we don't have any base in Day of Infamy.  Any of our members who play that game do so on their own accord, and we don't participate in events in that game.  I do appreciate the invitation and must respectfully decline.
Life | Death | Love | doesn't discriminate between the sinners and the saints; it takes and it takes and it takes and we keep living | living | loving | anyway.  We rise and we fall and we break and we make our mistakes.

SMF 2.0.15 | SMF © 2017, Simple Machines
Simple Audio Video Embedder

DarkBreak by DzinerStudio (Site no longer exists)